Personal Services of Aroostook is a non-profit organization supporting people with Intellectual Disabilities; we have immediate full and part time openings for Direct Support Professionals. We are currently looking for new team members in the Caribou, Easton and Presque Isle area
We have FULL and PART time positions, we offer OVERTIME and SHIFT DIFFERENTIAL PAY. We provide our staff with PAID TRAINING, and our schedules are FLEXIBLE.
The primary function of a Direct Support Professional is to ensure that the people we support have every opportunity to live their lives to their fullest. Ideal candidates are good with people, outgoing, thrive in an active and fast-paced environment, and work well both independently and as a team player.
As a Direct Support Professional, you will:
• Help individuals live more independently and happily in their homes by working with them to achieve their goals
• Assist with individual’s day-to-day needs with personal care, transportation, household management, decision-making, food preparation/nutrition, financial management and health care.
• Support individuals in their community’s to participate in activities such as; shopping, Special Olympics, local events, movies, etc.
• Write documentation about the supports you provided during your shift
• Successful candidates will be required to have a High School diploma or GED.
• No experience in the field is required we will provide paid training for the right people.
• Successful candidates must have a valid Maine driver's license
• In addition, you must have acceptable driving and background records